Site-Specific EA1 Document Archive
January 2015: Final EA and Decision Record Completed
The Bureau of Land Management Rawlins Field Office published its final Site-Specific Environmental Assessment for Infrastructure Components and related decision documents online on Jan. 30, 2015. The BLM determined that PCW's site-specific plans of development for the three primary infrastructure components are approved and will have "no significant effects beyond those already analyzed and disclosed" in the BLM's 2012 Final Environmental Impact Statement.
- The Finding of No New Significant Impact was signed Dec. 3, 2014, by Rawlins Field Office Manager Dennis Carpenter.
- The Decision Record was signed Dec. 23, 2014, by Janice Schneider, Assistant Secretary, Land and Minerals Management, U.S. Department of the Interior.
- Jan. 30: PCW news release announcing completed EA1
August 2014: Environmental Assessment Document Published
The Bureau of Land Management Rawlins Field Office published its draft Site-Specific Environmental Assessment document on Aug. 11, 2014, addressing the CCSM Project’s three primary base infrastructure components (EA1). The EA document is tiered to the project-wide Environmental Impact Statement, which was finalized and approved in 2012. This first EA includes a draft Finding of No Significant Impact, determining that PCW’s site-specific plans of development for infrastructure components comport with the overall EIS terms. (Learn more about the second EA here.) The BLM hosted two informational meetings about EA1 for the public on Aug. 25 in Saratoga and Aug. 26 in Rawlins.
- Aug. 11: BLM news release announcing EA1
- Aug. 11: PCW news release announcing EA1
- Complete EA for Infrastructure Components (38 MB)
September 2013: Public Scoping Meetings Held
The Bureau of Land Management Rawlins Field Office opened public scoping on Sept. 9, 2013, for a Site-Specific Environmental Assessment for Infrastructure Components (EA1) for the Chokecherry and Sierra Madre Wind Energy Project. This first EA will cover Power Company of Wyoming LLC’s plans of development for its Phase 1 Haul Road and Facilities, West Sinclair Rail Facility, and Road Rock Quarry. The BLM also hosted two scoping meetings on Sept. 23 in Saratoga and Sept. 24 in Rawlins to provide further opportunities for the public to learn about and comment on the project. Here are links to the BLM and PCW materials provided at the meetings.
- Sept. 9 scoping announcement news release
- Oct. 25 scoping period extension news release
- EA1 overview fact sheet
- EA1 scoping comment form
- 4 resource map posters
- 3 EA1 overview posters
- Sept. 10 scoping announcement news release
- Conservation in action poster
- Survey activities posters
- Overview trifold brochure